Thursday, April 21, 2016

Happy belated 420 and RIP Prince. Read these these classic blogs

Cheers, all, and happy belated 420. I had a lovely holiday yesterday, although I did spend most of the day working.

In honor of the day, please read (or revisit) this two-part recap of the season one classic, "Dope."


Also, news has broken in the last couple of hours that legendary singer, songwriter, guitarist, and general genius Prince has died. That sucks. He, like David Bowie, challenged traditional notions of gender and was a visible example of gender nonconformity as I was growing up (even if I didn't understand it all at the time). 

Must be one hell of a party going on wherever musical legends go when they die. I hope the Reaper hasn't noticed that it's Iggy Pop's 69th birthday (and for God's sake, Willie, take cover).

No comments:

Post a Comment